Thursday, January 12, 2006

A glimpse of life here at STM

My wi-fi connection's finally set up !!! I am having a rather awesome time here even as I get adjusted to life here in my first week... As I settle down and getting adjusted to living my life as a student again, I find that I am really looking forward to what the Lord has in store for me this year..

Different experiences
It's just been great to have been exposed to different denominations here and getting to know the future leaders of the Malaysian church.. Majority of the ppl here are from Methodist and Anglican background so it's interesting to worship doing devotions with them. Apparently, the Anglicans have their own prayer services at 7am on one of the mornings and the Methodist will have their own prayer service in the evening. Am planning to join them to get a feel of what it's like. :)

There are two other EFC ppl here. It's been good to have them around in view of the overwhelming(at times) ppl who are mostly from Methodist, Anglican and Lutheran background.

My Roommate
Apparently, part of the STM experience is to live with another person - as part of preparation for church ministry in dealing with difficult ppl and resolving conflicts. My roommate's a first year student from KL Chinese Methodist Church.. I've been quite fortunate to have her as a room mate as we discover that we're both not very particular - we both don't mind noise and we can sleep with the lights on. :)

Lecturers
I've really like the lecturers that i've met so far - they have been very approachable and friendly... They join us for our meals and remember our names!! It's also been a comfort to have a lecturer whom I know from my home church here at STM.

Students
We have quite a few international students. Am looking forward to learning from them as I get to know them better..

Besides all that, I really LOVE the library facilities here....
One of my challenges is that I really feel like a 'banana' here some times as most ppl seem to speak chinese here and I mainly speak English...


THANK YOU GOD FOR SENDING ME HERE... AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO KNOWING YOU MORE THIS YEAR.

No comments: