Have been busy these past few weeks as my church gears up for our 40th anniversary celebration this Sunday. I had an awesome time last nite (wednesday nite) as both young and old gathered for High Praise(extended worship) and prayer that lasted from 8pm till 12midnite. It was held as part and parcel of the anniversary celebration. It was also just wonderful to see everyone rallying together during the High Praise to pray for Uncle Sam's well being as he undergoes tests and surgery.
Other than that, just thought to come out from my blog hibernation and 'pen down' some thoughts about my church.
I've been in PJEFC since I was a little girl of 8 years old. I've grown up with the church... I remember being scared of going to a new Sunday school(I think I even cried) - but I remember uncle Yee Khiam who was very welcoming and very funny and I eventually felt at home in Sunday School... When I was in my teens, I went through rough patches and I remember that I loved going to church - it seemed like a place of refuge when things seemed tough at home. I remember that I just loved being in the sanctuary and just playing on the grand piano on Saturdays when no one was around. Uncles and Aunties and friends seem to comfort me and they always seemed more like family. I remember me and my best friend, Myra talking about how we loved being in church and that it felt weird when we missed being there on a Sunday- even if we were away on holidays. It seems like my life have very much been intertwined with PJEFC.
When I think of PJEFC, I don't just think about the building. Many faces comes to mind - people whom I have grown up with and have journeyed with me in my faith; people who have laughed and cried with me; people who have helped me and supported me whenever I was at crossroads; people who I knew cared for me the best they knew how despite not understanding where I came from sometimes; people whom God has used and moulded me to be who I am today; people who have been an example of Christ to me in certain areas of my life. Many have come and gone through the doors of the church. PJEFC is not exactly a 'perfect church' and there are many flaws and still so many things to work through. There have been times when we wondered if the church would make it through certain situations. There have been times when I and many within the church have contemplated moving on to other chruches. When I think about certain periods, despite our flaws and where many churches would have ceased to function, by God's grace, we have come through those times and seem to flourish even more. It's just amazing... We never expected or planned to be where we are today. We acknowledge that it's only by God's grace that we are where we are.
Happy 40th Birthday PJEFC! May God's blessing be upon You and see You through another 40 years! Thank You for all the memories. Thank You God for PJEFC. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment