Monday, February 05, 2007

Thoughts


A close friend wrote today to ask me how I've been doing and I've realised that I've not been posting up anything lately - I blame it totally on the almost non-existent internet connection from the girls dorm. :p (ok ok - partly my laziness also laa)..

Going into the fourth week of semester now - there's the 10 assignments that are practically yelling to be done, one special project (still deciding whether i should take it up), the weekly greek stuff and the weekly weekend practical work. Have also finally taken the step to start driving classes. *grin. I can hear my long time friends saying "FINALLY". Will hopefully finished everything by mid March before things begin to get really crazy here. Also have had my first guitar class - might have to be on hold until i find time to practice :p. Sounds really crazy huh - but am rather having a ball of a time. Sometimes I do feel the pressure of time but am happy as a lark for now.

On a more personal side, I am continually glad for the support of friends who continue to rally around me - who show me not necessarily with words but with actions that they care. These couple of days, I've also been having some conversations with some friends which reminded me of the preciousness and fragility of friendship. I attended a talk on bitterness recently and the speaker from RBC recently said that according to statistics, a person is counted fortunate if they can find 5 good friends in their life. I count myself truly blessed cos I have more than that - I consider them a gift from God(haha - i know i'm starting to go on and on but sometimes words cannot adequately express my gratitude). Things have not necessarily been smooth going - but as another wise and good friend said, it's definitely part of God's way of moulding me.

There is a group of friends that I do truly miss - though I may not say much. They've taught me a lot in the last year and I do miss their friendship but at the same time, I cannot ignore the sense of rightness - that I am where I'm supposed to be now. For a long time, sorrow had outweighed joy. However, I do wish them the best with their spiritual journey - perhaps one day I'll say more about it. For now, I can but quote my friend who has written what resonates in my heart:

"God has to teach me that earthly pleasures can only fulfill in proportion to how much they foreshadow heaven's glory. Our earthly friendships, marred by selfishness and separation, must pale in the face of eternity; the surprise is not that our friendships are this fragile, but that they exist at all, in this world where we so often withdraw into ourselves by sin and pain and the fundamental isolation of simply being human. We grieve the friendships which we lose or pause, but in this short and brutish world we should be joyfully astounded that we shared those brief moments together at all. Every moment in which minds meet is a miracle." -Shern Ren-

In the midst of all these happenings, I'm continually challenged by God in my walk with Him. I struggle to blog down openly the joy and the downs of my relationship with Him. There have been times when I've just sat in a dark corner just crying my heart out for more of Him only to be met with silence. And yet, there have been times of joy and peace that surrounds unexpectedly - sometimes in the unlikeliest of places. Am still working out my relationship with Him - but am learning to appreciate the unexpected from Him and to continually trust him in my journey with Him.

Dear God,
I love you because You first loved me. I seek You because You have first sought me. Thank You....

No comments: