Friday, December 28, 2007

Ramblings and reflection

Am now hanging out in Dubai airport in transit and the local time is 2.45am. My flight leaves for home at 9.50am and am debating what to do with myself - to sleep or to stay awake. hmmm.... In the meantime, I figured I'd take the opportunity to blog for a bit since it's been a while...
The last few days have been hard for me as I say goodbye to my friends here. As I look back, I'm amazed at the array of people I've met and have become close to. A teacher, a seminary lecturer, a pastor, a media producer, a shopkeeper and another group of people who've been like family to me. It's been a truly enriching two months and it's little wonder that I find it hard to leave.

I feel that my time in Egypt has changed me in many ways - perhaps not visibly but deep within. Some of the things that I was struggling with and questioning about last year has been answered by God in such a loving and reaffirming way. I have also come to learn to love myself more because of all the affirmation that I've received from my family in Egypt as well as the support that I've had from friends back in Malaysia for my trip there. It's funny - I never thought that it was something that would happen. At least, not for a long while. God does indeed make things beautiful in HIS time.

As I arrived at the Dubai airport, I realised something - I can actually understand some of the Arabic stuff that they are announcing over the speakers - it's quite amazing for me actually. I remember feeling quite bewildered and curious as to what people were announcing and I now actually understand some of it!!! My life has definitely changed in so many ways by my trip to Egypt.

I definitely have lots to pray about and to think through over the next couple of years and as I continue on my journey of faith. For the next two years, my place is definitely in the seminary back home. From then onwards, I can only continue to place my hands in His and let Him lead me to where He wants me to go - one step at a time.

2 comments:

pearlie said...

You are such an encouragement to me. God continually bless you with overflowing goodness - and I can already see that goodness overflowing to the other around you. Welcome back!

rccnlj said...

Thanks for your encouraging message Pearlie!! Happy New Year to you! :)