I feel like I have these bits of jigsaw pieces in my hand but not able to put it all together. In my weakest moment, I wonder if I'd ever have the time to do so. I had a much needed conversation with my cousin last nite and one thing is certain: somehow, somewhere, when this craziness is all over - I need the time to put it together before I move on to the next milestone.
In the meantime, I have to remind myself that faith is only exercised when I can't get any further with my own strength.
Also, I am reminded of how Rabbi ended the Isaiah class on Thurs - to trust in God rather than human political alliances that we deem as advantageous to us. His story about being disappointed when trusting in people really struck a chord. His sharing definitely contributed to another piece of the puzzle.
In the meantime, I have to remind myself that faith is only exercised when I can't get any further with my own strength.
Also, I am reminded of how Rabbi ended the Isaiah class on Thurs - to trust in God rather than human political alliances that we deem as advantageous to us. His story about being disappointed when trusting in people really struck a chord. His sharing definitely contributed to another piece of the puzzle.
2 comments:
Yeah, I concur. I love it when our lecturers stop for a brief moment to think poignantly (and sometimes painfully, in the reb's case) of how what we are learning applies in 'rubber-meets-the-road' day to day 'theology'. It shows not only their human side, but their own journey in spirituality, which is so refreshing and enlightening to us noobs. :)
Silent retreat for jigsaw puzzling! :)
Hahahha- yeah.. Am thinking of a week-long silent retreat.. Or taking off for a month somewhere - no phone, no computers.. ;)
Yeah - I love it when they show it too. :)
Post a Comment