Am now having a much needed break for these few days - something that I've been looking forward to in the last two weeks. Looking back, the last month has especially been a crazy one. There's been so much to do in the office that I find myself being so exhausted at the end of the day. It's definitely been very different from life in seminary. In the last month, my days have been filled with intensive work and off days have been filled with family-related stuff... I've been seriously craving for some down time - time to read, reflect and rest.
Some people tell me that I'm headed for a burn out if I keep on going on this path. However, at this point, I feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to do and there doesn't seem to be another way. My pastor who's also my mentor told me to take leave at least one day a month, go somewhere else, totally do nothing and take time to just soak in God's presence. So I'm trying out his advice at the moment.
So far, have spent most of the day sleeping... Tomorrow, I hopefully will have some time to relax and to read and do some reflection... Am super looking forward to it...
2 comments:
Hi! Are u Ruth Ng? If u are, hello there! I'm Ruth Wong...the girl who worked with your mum, aunty Patsy, once for the children's session at the Taman Ujong Methodist Church camp! Stumbled upon your blog thru this girl called GoingKookies...I dunno her yet (I may actually know her!), but she commented on my blog :) Send my regards to your mum for me! Have a blessed new year!
Hi Ruth! Yeah... I'm Ruth ng... GoingKookies is my sister.. hehheheh
Will send your regards to mum.. God Bless.. :)
Post a Comment