Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Feelings and Knowing

The past week was just rather - well, don't quite know the word to describe it. Sort of in a limbo - felt less passionate about things rather than usual... Except during Bible Study with my small group last Friday. Probably because that was the lesson that He was teaching me- and at the same time I was teaching my piano student. Besides teaching the technical aspects of playing the piano, I've been convicted to impart the spiritual side too. I find that musicians nowadays are too focused on the technical that the spiritual side of it is totally 'ignorable'.
Anyhows, was just teaching her on feelings and knowing in worship. That worship is more than feelings in the worship. It's about heart and head knowledge of God. That's how we should worship Him.

Last Friday, Bible study was great because I could sense the Holy Spirit's presence guiding the discussion - despite having it in the midst Swensen's ice creams. We were really challenged to read our Bible and really hungry to read the Word.

Dear God,
Thank you for all your working. Please continue to grow our faith in You and to develope a love for Your Word which is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.

No comments: