
"Let go.. trust me..." the still small voice said. "No! I just can't" she yelled, tears of frustration sounded in her voice. "I'll lose everything! My world will fall apart! I cannot let go! Do you understand what you're asking me to do?"
"Trust me and let go.." the still small voice said again "I love you... Do you love me?"
"If you love me, you will obey me."
She was so torn. She was afraid. "What ifs" were running in her mind. A part of her wanted to let go and just trust him - the other part just screamed to hold on. Why did she had to let go? Her world was so happy before. "No. You weren't totally happy. Admit it. A part of you were miserable - only, you hid it well." - the brutal, honest voice in her voiced out. "Let go - who knows where you'll end up. But He's never failed you before right?" "I'm afraid. I'm afraid of what'll happen when I let go. I'm afraid of change. I'm afraid of being alone. I'm afraid I'll never find something like it again." "Trust Him..."
"Trust me..." the still small voice spoke to her turbulent heart.
Like a small child, she closed her eyes and slowly, slowly let go - blood dripping from her hands from holding on so tightly.
A few months later
Her world is now different - just as had once she feared. Her hands are scarred somewhat - though healing nicely because of the healing touch of her Father - a reminder of a time past. Yet, a peace that surpasses understanding surrounds her. She's much stronger now that she is no longer bleeding.
"Trust me" a still small voice says to her daily.
"I will, my Father. At least, I'll try. Catch me when I fall ya?" a smile in her voice as she replies.
"Trust me and let go.." the still small voice said again "I love you... Do you love me?"
"If you love me, you will obey me."
She was so torn. She was afraid. "What ifs" were running in her mind. A part of her wanted to let go and just trust him - the other part just screamed to hold on. Why did she had to let go? Her world was so happy before. "No. You weren't totally happy. Admit it. A part of you were miserable - only, you hid it well." - the brutal, honest voice in her voiced out. "Let go - who knows where you'll end up. But He's never failed you before right?" "I'm afraid. I'm afraid of what'll happen when I let go. I'm afraid of change. I'm afraid of being alone. I'm afraid I'll never find something like it again." "Trust Him..."
"Trust me..." the still small voice spoke to her turbulent heart.
Like a small child, she closed her eyes and slowly, slowly let go - blood dripping from her hands from holding on so tightly.
A few months later
Her world is now different - just as had once she feared. Her hands are scarred somewhat - though healing nicely because of the healing touch of her Father - a reminder of a time past. Yet, a peace that surpasses understanding surrounds her. She's much stronger now that she is no longer bleeding.
"Trust me" a still small voice says to her daily.
"I will, my Father. At least, I'll try. Catch me when I fall ya?" a smile in her voice as she replies.
**********************************
Writer's note: Sometimes I feel as if God asks me to let go of something that I feel will tear my world apart if I do. When I finally do let go, my world does fall apart but somehow my world becomes different in a initially scarily strange way but gradually it becomes beautiful. It is as if He continues to correct my lenses and my perspective of the world around me. He teaches me to 'see' another aspect of Him - it's not just a knowing in my head but a knowing with every part of me as I experience it.
No comments:
Post a Comment