Friday, April 13, 2007

*slightly cynical* thoughts

It's been a long week. I've been sleep deprived - my perfectionist tendecies kicked in the last week as I was preparing a sermon for my homiletics class and I ended up having sleep for about 3-4 hours a night. All that said, the sermon went pretty ok yesterday morning (especially after 2 hours of sleep). I was finally satisfied with what I had at 5.30 in the morning. My class was at 9am.

I think I have caught up with my much needed sleep - though the rush back to my church in PJ has taken its toll and I'm rather sleepy at the moment. Am sitting in the main sanc now while waiting for the college group to start. Was rather surprise to see that there's an event in my church. I find it a bit bizzarre actually. There's bunch of musicians and a bunch of ladies (and one or two men!) twirling around on the stage in white and with some poles which is suppose to hold up wings! One of the things that come up in my head as I watch them is that - they should use their energies better to reach out to those who are poor and downtrodden if they can put up so much energy into an event like this.

They've been singing "commune with me" over and over and over and over again in the last 20 minutes - bizarre huh? I guess that I'm a bit cynical - but in view of what I shared for the sermon yesterday and my conversation with a friend after that, it's a bit more understandable I suppose.

I shared about how the Christian life needs to be transformed. My friend agreed with me that our worship and what we do in church would be meaningless otherwise. If we do not walk the ways of Christ, it doesn't matter what we sing, it doesn't matter what we say. We Christians really need to work more on the renewal of our minds. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in total agreement with u...today's christian really need to be transformed....how can we convinced them?....i believed first thing, we ourselves need to be transformed...and show a good testimony to them..in christianity, there is a such call of transformation...