Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thought

I was watching a show the other day which addresses the issue of suicide. I find it interesting that those around the person was not aware that the person was depressed even though they saw him every single day. They were shocked when he committed the deed. Apparently it’s quite common.

As I think about these last few months, I am struck again and again about how I too, just can't seem to say anything to anyone when something is going truly wrong. Many things seem to be an understatement with a lot of stuff churning beneath. It's seems weird because I generally try to be as open as I can be with those who I am close with.

It's so much easier to put on a mask. You figure that those that don't know you too well will take it at face value. On the other hand, those that know you well enough, may know that something is wrong. You put on the mask anyways, hoping that it's convincing enough cos you don't want them to worry overly much about you...

No comments: