Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve

I thought I should blog something today as it's Christmas eve. I generally love this time of the year, but probably due to the hustle and bustle, it just seems really different this year.
My family, as usual is still contemplating if we're having our usual annual dinner tonight(yes even though it's almost lunchtime now, they haven't decided!). Mum's already bought 2 turkey and 2 roles of lamb to roast - but the problem is, the car's been broke down again last night and we have not been able to buy and prepare the other stuff.. So she's still deciding if we should just go ahead with the dinner. Whatever it is, I'm really looking forward to the lamb. Don't eat much lamb since I got back and this is one of the few times of the year that my family does...

Also thought that I should blog that our PJEFC choir(myself included) was on TV3 this morning. We were invited to go and sing some songs from our Christmas musical. Thank God it went pretty well. That's probably all I'm going to say about it since I wasn't keen on going for it in the first place-my mum was more excited about it than me in the first place. I almost didn't go cos the van breakdown but I had all the choir robes with me - sheesh - which meant that I had to go anyway. Oh well - it was a rather interesting experience. Will have to check out the tapes that my family taped.

Generally, even though this Christmas have been busy; it's been good in some ways. Despite being on telly, it's been a whole lot less commercialised for me - it has really been less about Santa and the Christmas tree and a whole lot more a Jesus - so that has been really special to me. As I mentioned in my previous blog entry, because of my business and the many times I've almost given up, it's been great because I got to know my God a whole lot more. His grace and the hope that He gives through Christ has been very real to me. Thank you Jesus for coming down to save me. Happy Birthday Jesus! =)

No comments: