Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Returnees

One week has gone past and so much has happened. Hoong Ern came back from the UK-which was a really good thing - as he helped out for the Christmas Musical.
It was definitely the busiest week I've had since I've started working in church full time half a year ago(Wow! Time just flew by so quickly). I've learnt a lot about myself as well as other people that I've been working the musical with. My faith has also increased. IT was definitely a very trying time. Many times I was reminded that patience is like a container. The bigger your container the more patience you have. I've lost count of how many times I've prayed for God to make bigger my container - sometimes it was successful and others not so successful. But as I've said in my previous blog, despite who and what I am, I can testify that God is great and He is indeed faithful.
He's answered prayers. I've even sent out a SOS signal to Him in my prayers during the past week- everything in the musical was just going badly: the lights were not ready, the conductor sprained both his arms (from the enthusiastic flinging of his arms during conducting) and was in a lot of pain, one of the cast had food poisoning, some of the musicians were getting flu, the actors were not quite ready, our lead singer was also sick, I was sick and tired and stressed, tempers flared, some had really long and bad days at work, etc..
But in the end, everything just ran smoothly on the first show last Saturday(our second is on Christmas day). Though no one stepped out for prayer, about 8 hands were raised when asked who wanted to accept Christ into their life.
The week kept getting better and better. Had a call from John Foo - my ex-neighbor, cell group member and good friend from Australia - on Thursday to say that he's here and that he'd arrived in Malaysia and brought heaps of goodies. He brought heaps of stuff- Haighs chocolates(these are generally super expensive), really expensive cherries(about AUD 25/kilo - he brought 2 kilos), oreos, tim tams, Salmon, fruit and nuts, mango jam and a few other stuff that I've forgotten to mentioned! Was really overwhelmed by his generosity(in case those reading this are beginning to get the wrong idea, he did these for several other people too).
Though I was really overwhelmed by his generosity, I enjoyed his company more. We just hanged out at KLCC and did some major catching up. I joked with him that the only time that I see ex-OCFers is when I see him(I saw Calvin last night and Adeline in the morning). I had fun talking with him about his work(which he is really greatful to have and is doing quite well in it) and just generally talking about guys and Aussie stuff. We walked around KLCC and John said that we had to walk around the food stores and buy 1 thing from each store - didn't work quite well as we were quite full by the 3rd/4th stall even though we just bought buns and kuih.
It was just generally really good to hang out with an old friend. Speaking of old friend, Myra's back too. She graduated and her convocation's in April. She's still praying if she should work here or return to Australia. Am trying to persuade her to go for a holiday with me in January when I try to get my much needed break.
Received an email from Janice too saying that she's graduated and that she was going for a month's vacation. It's just been really wonderful to hear from everyone at this time of the year. As I said God is just so faithful.
For today and tomorrow, I just planned to take things easy and rest in Him before the everything starts building up on Thursday for Christmas day. I continually look forward to the challenges He gives me each day because I know that He will never give me more than what I can bear.

No comments: