Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Easter preparations

Easter preparations has begun as of yesterday. We - Lawrence, Philip, Doreen, Chris and I - went to Philip's place and started Easter preparations.
The material looks quite promising and it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. In between doing all my usual work for worship- I have been just busy getting all the stuff photocopied and preparing for tonight's first practice.
Am definitely getting back into the swing of things. Over the weekend I have been in a flurry attending one meeting after another. Most of them were Cross Gen and missions department stuff.
On Saturday I attended Brother Yun's (the heavenly man) talk. Though the message itself didn't really speak to me personally- he was speaking about the 2 fishes and 5 loaves of bread - just seeing him there was an inspiration. He looked much younger than I expected him to look, especially since he's had so much hardship in his life. He's a walking miracle - I heard of the story of how he was crippled by torture and yet he could walk out of the prison and no one stopped him.
This is one of my few breaks since I got back from Camerons (and you can bet that I'm treasuring every one of them!). Am just really glad for it.
It's just been a long day. There are just times when I wonder why people just don't look at the bigger picture and how they affect others and just let their selfishness hurt so many other people. They say hurtful things in their frustration and never think twice about hurting others just so that they can feel better. And other people have to clean up their mess. Sheesh... Sometimes I just wish that I could repay them in kind. But something just stops me. It's as if Jesus says to me "It's ok. I know it's frustrating and you care for those who hurt. Just look to me. I will make it alright. Just don't do things in your own strength. Do them in my strength and wisdom." As Eiran says, maybe it's just good to cry it out and release it. I guess God is just teaching me to cry out and release it to Him....

No comments: