
Everything and nothing is running through my head. Will attempt to type out something here as I've been promising to myself in the last few days that I should.
Am now back in STM for my second year- I can't believe that I'm now a senior (I think most of us in who are in the second year feels the same way). STM is the same and yet different - I think it's cos of the ppl. Most of my fellow class mates in the same year are back - and it has been awesome to meet up with them again. Of course there are the new students. I've made an extra friend or two - it will be interesting to see where the friendship will lead. One of them is my room mate. I've been blessed with a room mate that I can get along with and is pretty cool with the stuff I do (which I think can be a rather tall order for a person who lives with me - just ask my sis. :p). I've also been appointed dorm leader for my floor and overall for the girls (more like volunteered without permission) - and to think that exactly a year ago I thought "I'd never be a dorm leader - after all I can't speak mandarin". :P So much for thinking that in the first place. I am thankful however, for Lucy and Lan Yin who's on my floor. They've been a great support to me and have helped to take the edge off certain changes in my life back here - I think I'd be moping most of the time otherwise. Other than that, it has been a great pleasure to just sit in the evenings with the baby grand and just play to my heart's content. *happy sigh* I really missed it these last two months.
In my quest for a book on prayer by EM Bounds(recommended by my pastor), my friend and librarian has recommended me some books amongst them are two of Henri Nouwen's and 2 other books on spirituality. Am Currently Reading: "A New Kind of Christian" by Brian McLaren. It has been rather challenging. I have to pause after every chapter to really digest and wrestle with what was written. So am taking my time with it for now. It's been really good.
Overall it's been good to be back. It's not totally a bed of roses - there are some concerns (that's usual I guess) such as if I'd survive the assignments, concerns about friendships, ministry in church, etc... I guess I'll just have to commit it to the Lord and worry less and take it one day as it comes.
Dear Lord,
Please see me through this year. Thank You for the blessings that You've given. Thank You.
Am now back in STM for my second year- I can't believe that I'm now a senior (I think most of us in who are in the second year feels the same way). STM is the same and yet different - I think it's cos of the ppl. Most of my fellow class mates in the same year are back - and it has been awesome to meet up with them again. Of course there are the new students. I've made an extra friend or two - it will be interesting to see where the friendship will lead. One of them is my room mate. I've been blessed with a room mate that I can get along with and is pretty cool with the stuff I do (which I think can be a rather tall order for a person who lives with me - just ask my sis. :p). I've also been appointed dorm leader for my floor and overall for the girls (more like volunteered without permission) - and to think that exactly a year ago I thought "I'd never be a dorm leader - after all I can't speak mandarin". :P So much for thinking that in the first place. I am thankful however, for Lucy and Lan Yin who's on my floor. They've been a great support to me and have helped to take the edge off certain changes in my life back here - I think I'd be moping most of the time otherwise. Other than that, it has been a great pleasure to just sit in the evenings with the baby grand and just play to my heart's content. *happy sigh* I really missed it these last two months.
In my quest for a book on prayer by EM Bounds(recommended by my pastor), my friend and librarian has recommended me some books amongst them are two of Henri Nouwen's and 2 other books on spirituality. Am Currently Reading: "A New Kind of Christian" by Brian McLaren. It has been rather challenging. I have to pause after every chapter to really digest and wrestle with what was written. So am taking my time with it for now. It's been really good.
Overall it's been good to be back. It's not totally a bed of roses - there are some concerns (that's usual I guess) such as if I'd survive the assignments, concerns about friendships, ministry in church, etc... I guess I'll just have to commit it to the Lord and worry less and take it one day as it comes.
Dear Lord,
Please see me through this year. Thank You for the blessings that You've given. Thank You.
No comments:
Post a Comment