As I stop to catch my breath this evening, I realise that I've rather unconciously been involving myself in a frenzy of activity the last few days. Today, went for classes, a movie, rushed back for Anglican chapel service, went out with my girl friends for our first prayer meet for the year, came back and went to visit Silvester's baby (who's really cute!), came back and went out for a drink with some friends. Will definitely need to make myself sit down tomorrow to do my work. :p
Was just doing some reflection something Dr Voon said during the retreat last weekend. She said something along the lines where when God asks us to do something, He will make a way for us. Didn't really realise how much I disbelieved that statement until this evening. Was just sharing with my girl friends (during the above said prayer meet) of what God laid on my heart this year - something I felt was a bit impossible to do on my own (it involved sitting still *gulp!* and waking up early! *double gulp*). While sharing with my friends, I felt what I was called to do rather daunting - I remembered that someone I really respected said that it was just not worth the bother and felt discouraged. Before we went to Silvester's place, another friend, without knowing my dilemma, proposed a solution. I was in a daze for a while - kinda still am. Am having an overwhelming sense of wonder and gratitude to KNOW that He does indeed make a way. I know I'll still have to make the effort (its not a stroll in the park) but am grateful that it's no longer as difficult as I thought it'd be. Thank You God.
No comments:
Post a Comment