Sunday, January 04, 2009

Reflection for two months practical in home church

I've been ruminating on what to write as the New Year starts. The previous song, Evermore, came to mind as I think of God's goodness to me and how He has been working in my life the last two months in powerful and exciting ways. The things that He has placed in my heart at the end of October has come to a closure of sorts totally unexpectedly over the last few days and in what seemed to me as an impossibly short time. He has reminded me again and again in the last few days - that He does makes what seems impossible possible.

For Him to answer so many prayers in a short time - for a breakthrough for young adult ministry, for help to be found for a close and dear friend, for the Christmas production, that I'd be an encouragement to people I am ministering to, breakthrough in relationships with colleagues, to be a blessing to the people I come into contact with in the two short months I have back in church - He has answered it all and more despite the barriers and struggles. There is still the desire for a greater breakthrough in my Worship Ministry in the church - but I guess He is teaching me to be a whole lot more patient.

As expected, it has been a tiring journey for me when I wrote this post a few months ago. I am amazed my health did not take a turn for the worse (just that my ongoing cough has been fluctuating) - I remember the days where I pushed myself so hard that I had to be comatose for a few days. For all who have been journeying with me in the last two months, I thank you for your continual support and prayers - for listening to my rantings, for correcting my errors, for just letting know that I'm not alone in my rather tough journey. I write this post to share with you my joy and victories of the last two months too.

God does answer prayers in impossible situations. He is indeed our God - His faithfulness and mercy reaches to the skies. May we proclaim Him with our lives evermore. :)

1 comment:

Perng Shyang Teng said...

Wish you a fruitful journey with Him in 2009!