Thursday, June 04, 2009

To Keep on Going


It's been two months - almost three. To my friends who I know care about me - I'm sorry for not picking up calls or replying sms-es (or take a long time to do so). Thank you for not giving up or caring for me. Maybe it's the fear of getting tongue tied or am just not ready yet - most days, answering the phone or getting online seems to be the hardest thing to do. I seem to have this need to be alone. Else it feels as if all that I'm trying to put together will shatter - that I will shatter. Worse still, remain broken forever. Nevertheless, for those who do get through to me at opportune times(on days when I'm up to it), thank you for not giving up. Your encouragements
during those times help me to keep on going. It helps to know that I'm still not alone.

In some sense I've been in a shell - sort of like the Malay saying 'katak di bawah tempurung' (frog under the coconut shell). And in another sense, I've been on a journey - one of which I've can't seem to see the end at the moment. It's been a hard one so far. Most days I find myself crying - though it's now mostly on the inside and there are now more days where things almost seem normal. Somewhere along the line, I've slipped and almost lost my faith (and have thought about what it would be like to die) but God in His mercy seems to be reassuring me in different ways that He is with me.

Someone reminded me a couple of weeks ago - to keep on taking steps.. Even if it's one a day. Even if it's just a baby one. Am taking that advice to heart. Though it seems most days that to take that one step is costing everything I have. Though it's hard to go on these last two weeks cos my mentor's away and I've been super sick. When I look back these last two months, perhaps I'm not moving as much as people think I should - or it doesn't look as if I've moved. To me, I've moved farther than where I thought I could go two months ago. And it's given me hope - to keep on going.

3 comments:

Perng Shyang Teng said...

Yes, my friend, keep on going! You are not alone...

yourshoeah said...

Dear Ruth,

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming..." :)

YC

rccnlj said...

Hey Perng Shyang and Yoshua,
Thanks guys.

Ruth