Thursday, November 25, 2004

Worship Leading, flu, handwritten cards and life satisfaction..

Worship lead for the first time last weekend in the main sanctuary and praise God it went pretty well- not exactly the best but definitely was one of the better ones. Must be due to all the prayer and petitioning. Again - all glory to Him. I was really nervous and my team and family knew how nervous I was. Just before I started, I whispered a little prayer "Ok Jesus, I know you're partnering with me in this. I surrender all my fears to You. I'll just worship You". A calm just entered my heart. It was just amazing. For those who know me, they can usually tell when I'm nervous on stage - they remarked that I was just very calm and confident. Thank You Jesus for reminding me that in all that I do that we're partners and doing it together.
The weather have been absolutely crazy the past week - hot and cold alternately. It definitely took its toll on me and I was sick in bed with flu the whole of Monday and Tuesday. Thought I was going to better after resting on Monday but on Monday night, I had a fever plus I couldn't sleep so it was pretty miserable. Rested the whole of Tuesday and have been feeling better each day since.
Also had a wonderful surprise yesterday. Liz sent a handwritten card for my birthday. Was really touched... I'm generally terrible at handwritten cards/letters so I really treasured her card. It was one of my best birthday gifts this year.
Had a short chat with Liz too over yahoo messenger (the wonderful,wonderful blessings on technology).. And we were talking about life satisfaction. I currently rate mine 8/10... So life's pretty good- probably cos I know I'm living the way He wants me to.

No comments: