I find I blog more during my more melancholic moods. I'm having one now. I have this "thorn in my side" that is a constant source of irritation - makes me upset, angry, grumpy, frustrated and just feel like ending up in tears. It could be spiritual warfare too.
Well, as I write this, I've decided to go back to the bible and to recollect what Paul said about the thorn in his side.
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
"To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. "
Hmm... Not sure how many times I've prayed for the thorn in my flesh to be taken away. But I know for sure that it was indeed "a messenger of Satan". Even as I want to seek the Lord over so many things and just heaps of important planning meetings for Cross Gen and Worship Ministry is currently underway, the thorn in my side just tends to hurt and irritate during times where important decisions have to be prayed about. I just tend to react rather badly and snap too - shows me that I'm weak and not as strong as I'd like to think I am.
The following verses(the part about Christ power resting in me) just really comforted me. Thank You once again.
Dear God,
You know I have this thorn in my side. It's been hurting and affecting me for a while now - and every so often it just brings out the worst in me. Please take it away. If not, help me to take delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
1 comment:
Heya Ruth!
Hope you are having a great time, it's 2005!
I have lots of work piling up and terms is gonna end in about a month plus. So that means exams and all. Projects, homework, research! I am still looking for a church that i feel comfortable in. Otherwise, i try to spend time reading the bible and talking to God. Friends. Well I have not made many yet, just a few people i have met and classmates. They aren't many people living around me (reseidential college) as the university term ended in December and will only continue in end of Feb 2005. I hope Swee Keng has been updating you whatever i have kept her updated on. Meanwhile, i will try to send a proper email in the coming weeks.
Ciao. God Bless. Sarah U
Post a Comment