It is rather annoying that when you have so many ideas in your head - there is no computer around to blog. What is also annoying is when you do finally sit down in front of the computer to blog, your mind becomes quite blank. Worse - you know that the thoughts you currently have to blog are far inferior to the ones that you thought about when you did not have the computer and those 'superior' thoughts just eludes you! *sigh*
I guess that I'll just have to make do with my current sub-standard thoughts and hopefully, the 'superior' thoughts will come back while blogging *grimace*.
It's been a long weekend - am facing the fact of the amount of work that I have to do for church.. I've been trying to take it easy and cut my work load. But I'm again faced with the fact that I have to work really hard for something that I'd really like to do - such as attending OM Teenstreet 2006. I really really really hope that my church leaders will let me go for that week. I'm excited about the stuff that's already started for TeenStreet 2006- the availability of a seemingly impossible venue has been one of the greatest barrier that has been overcome and it is only June! 6 more months to TeenStreet!!!
On another note, though tiring, it's been a rather good weekend. I've had opportunities to connect with people and to build friendships. It started with yesterday morning when I auditioned a form one guy for drums. Made conversations with another friend who I've not talked to for a while during lunch and it was really good. Got to talking with one of a long time worship singer and just shared struggles with work and studies. Also talked to another form 5 girl about SPM and about life in the afternoon as well. Also managed to catch up with a fellow worship leader and just to find out what's going on in his life. Then caught up with my dad - who was surprisingly at home instead of Camerons.
This morning, I caught up(very briefly) with another friend who's headed to the mission field for the next month, then made conversations with someone I made friends with 10 years ago but have left the church after he married. It was good to meet up with him again. Got to talking with another worship leader and with DT and catching up with her as well. Am also contemplating taking some vocal lessons from her. Oh well - that's still in contemplation stage. Last but not least, I caught up with 3 other of my service team mates from OM Teenstreet during our reunion this afternoon. We had a great time of catching up with one another - what's going on in each other's lives -alongside with food and drinks. It was great to see Foo Seng and Jin Ai and their 2 month old baby. It was great to see the Val and Ken and Pari too and just to have fellowship with them and to share life stories.
*phew*.... I'm glad I finally finished this entry. It's been a rather long day and i'm just tired d. Another long day ahead tomorrow too. :P
Dear God,
Thank you for friendships and all the people you've placed in my life. Thank you for the restful sleep that i'm about to partake. Good nite...
2 comments:
Hey, DT - that's me!! Ha ha. I was not so suspicious until the part about taking vocal lessons. Hope to catch up with you again on your next long break. Doreen
Yeah - it's you... hehehe... Yup hope so too!
Post a Comment