Classes has officially started today (Yesterday was 'quiet day' where someone came to speak and we were supposed to do reflections).
As our lecturer for Old Testament Introduction has been sick and our replacement lecturer is due overseas next week, we are having intensive replacement class for the subject before he leaves. This morning we studied the great ancient civilizations - the Egyptian, Aramean and Assyrian civilization. It has been a rather fascinating to learn about the context of Israel in the light of these civilizations. What has struck me the most is God's timing and how God placed Israel where it was - it was just amazing to see the Old Testament within the bigger picture. I think I will never quite read OT the same way ever again. And I now understand a little bit more about God being - the Lord of hosts.
No comments:
Post a Comment