Am so excited! I have a new fiction book to read (my favourite genre)! Met up with my pastorate group lecturer this afternoon for the customary student-lecturer evaluation talk. I shared with him my interest in fiction books -especially the ones that covers certain issues and provokes me to think more about those issues. He showed me a 'section' in his office where he keeps this particular genre. My heart seriously sang for joy when he showed me the books he has(God bless him! hehehe).. This comes at a good time since I've sorta gone through STM library selection and have finished the ones that I bought from the Doulos last year half a year ago. Have been pining for some good fiction book for while now... *sighOut of the whole lot, I thought I'd better be more circumspect and choose ONE - since I'm in the midst of assignments. I have this bad habit - if the book is really interesting, once I get started I'd read it through non-stop even if it means getting only 1-2 hours of sleep (as well as neglect my assignments! :p). This book "Twilight" by Elie Wiesel looks really promising. He wrote it out of his experience during the Holocaust. I can't wait until I finish all my assignments next week to get started on it! :D Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!
Ps: On a side note, I'm hoping to get a quite a few new *serious* books with the help of a friend within the next couple of months! Really looking forward to that too!
No comments:
Post a Comment