The last couple of weeks have been crazy... Two weeks ago was Chinese New Year. There was the spring cleaning and the Chinese New Year shopping, the travelling to Camerons, hanging out with relatives from Ipoh, lots of eating and fellowship, impromptu visit to Penang to visit an elderly granduncle who missed my siblings and I during Christmas as we were all away(the trip to Penang meant that we were also part of the heavy traffic back to PJ. It took us 9 HOURS to travel back - where it would usually take 5 hours. :p Never again! I tell you.).
When I got back to STM last Monday, I felt so exhausted-and soooooo not ready to face studies. Then it was time to prepare for the mission trip over the last weekend to the OA (Orang Asli-aboriginal tribal group). Thankfully it went well -but it was rather tiring. In the end, I spent most of yesterday - sleeping *grimace*. For the rest of this week, there's the preparations for the STM talent night to refine, this Friday's sharing with my youth group to prepare for, several reports to write, assignments waiting behind in the long queue, a BIG pile of unattended church work, etc...
Time seems rather scarce - and the mood to blog or email has been diminished by the rather crazy internet connection from my room (the other alternative would be to sit outside where the connection is better and be bitten to bits by mosquitoes. I've got blotches of mosquito bites along my limbs - for the times when I've no choice but to risk it. I've been SORELY tempted to subscribe to one of those wireless broadband). It's been hardgoing to get any work done and I've find myself just being very sorely tried.
To make things worse, where previously I would've just thrived on the challenge of juggling everything at once, now it just feels like I have to go through the motions(my siblings and one of my gf pointed this out to me over the last few weeks). Deep down, I find myself going through some sort of an unexplainable funk. Some days I wake up and wonder why on earth I'm doing what I'm doing. Life seems to go on as usual but a part of me feels dissatisfied - things that I used to be comfortable with no longer seems to fit as well as it used to. Something needs to change but am still at a loss at to what. I'm still searching. It's frustrating and even painful at times - the path is lonely . I suppose I cannot expect others to understand what I myself am still trying to understand. *sigh* Perhaps this is why it's been hard to blog....
No comments:
Post a Comment