Saturday, February 23, 2008

In My Weaknesses...

I'm supposed to be in bed asleep by now. However, I'm a little excited - so I guess that blogging will help me to sleep a little bit better. :) Last night's talent night went well - I will hopefully post some pictures when I've compiled them. I realise that I've not posted much pics lately. I guess it's not surprising - I find that my emotional exhaustion lately does tend to dry up one's creative juices. The fact that the internet connection in seminary has not been that great could be the other factor(I was very delighted when I was back in my church office- the connection there was such bliss compared to the struggle that i've been having over the last two weeks). I supposed that many things could have been done better for the talent night- but considering the state that I was in and the time limit that I had, I'm satisfied. I was encouraged to see how everyone pulled their weight and came up with the wonderful performances -they were creative, funny and most importantly - they did their best. Their efforts truly complemented the theme for the night - 'Unity in Diversity'. It was wonderful to see so many people from different backgrounds and from different races come together and put on a night of much fun, fellowship and laughter.

Through this event I learnt a small but important lesson - empowering people. A few people commented about the choices of emcees. I was reminded that God does not necessarily use those who are gifted but those who are available. One of them almost quit the night before. I understood his stress with his study workload as well as having to emcee the event (I too was ready throw in the towel -if I could've done so). He previously tentatively agreed to it and I admit that I was begining to get desperate after having been turned down so many times. In my desperation, I prayed and God gave the wisdom to talk to him and prayed with him. As I ministered to Him, I too was ministered. God reminded me that He uses the weak that He may be glorified. As the both of us pressed on - despite our weaknesses - He was glorified as we allowed Him to work in us. I don't know about the emcee, but I know that I had no more strength to go on - if not for the grace and strength of God. I was so exhausted that I went immediately to bed after getting back - and despite resolves to wake up early to prepare an important sharing to my young people, I just could not get up until it was time to go for chapel.

This also meant that I only had the afternoon to prepare for my sharing to my youth group about my recent trip. It was like working a miracle -and miraculously i managed to finish preparing for it with 30 mins to spare. *phew* Kar Yong gave some very helpful suggestions which I'm very thankful for - though some of his suggestions were also rather cheeky. *grin*

In the end - I'm glad of the way the sharing turned out. The young people were responsive and asked quite a few questions. Some came up to say that they were really challenged. I tell them that it's a process and to continue to allow God to work in them. I'm glad that seeds were sown and I will trust God to see them grow - just as throughout the years, different people have planted seeds into my life and God has and will continue to see the fruition of those seeds.

With all that I've been going through this past week, I am amazed at how well things are turning out. I'm reminded so strongly that in my weaknesses and when I choose to let Him take over, He will lift carry me through and He is glorified. I know again and again -there's no way it could've been me. There's no way it could've been my own efforts. Again, all I can say is - Thank You my father in heaven. Thank You.

No comments: