Monday, September 22, 2008

Back from CUG camp

Am back from CUG camp... It's been a good time hanging out with my young people though I felt really really old compared to them. *groan. They have so much energy! The girls and their 'girly' talks were quite cute also. Brought back memories of when I was their age. :D I was assigned to sleep in the same dorm as the girls - and found some of their conversations rather interesting.

I missed coffee! They all seem to prefer milo - the committee apparently brought 5 sachets per person. :p For a person who used to pour down my milo down the drain when I was a little girl, I've had more milo (3 cups which were prepared by my angel Wern Ming) than I've had in the last 10(or even 15) years altogether. So no choice laa - have to set good example and don't want to hurt my angel who's a really sweet person. :)

The group was a small bunch. Nevertheless, the fellowship was good. The games that they played were quite interesting and meaningful - definitely good ideas to keep for the future.. Of course, there was the usual egg, flour and mess for one of the games - part of the modified musical chairs.

Pr Choon Meow did well as he spoke on 'Standing Tall'. He spoke on the two kingdoms and how to face failures and how to keep on going in their walk as Christians. I especially liked the first night as he showed a short clip from 'Chronicles of Narnia' to emphasise that there was a battle that's going on. He showed on the battle scene and just as the battle begun, the clip ended. Hahahha -their reactions were quite cute.

Speaking of cute, little Elijah (Pastor's children) was the usual star of the camp.. For one of the devotions on Joseph, when asked about who's a temptation to you? The people in my group said 'Elijah!' *grin

On the overall, it was a good camp. Got to know some of them a little better - as more than half of them do not attend CUG regularly. As usual, as I hang out with them, I always see the great potential in them and have a burden that they will keep on keeping on in the faith -especially when I see that many of my predecessors who was before me have left the church.

No comments: