Thursday, July 15, 2004

Love

Was at NECF prayer meeting last night and it was pretty awesome. Was challenged again to set aside time to fast and pray for this country. The 40 day prayer and fast will be starting on 22nd July.

1 Corinthians 13 was somehow imprinted in my mind. I believe that God has something to say to me- to love more. As the speaker said last night - what is ministry without love. Am now listening to the second part of Uncle George's message - what surprised me most was that he used the exact same passage. Uncle George said that when he was on board the ship, he used to love ppl in ministry the whole day. But at the end of the day, he would get irritated with his wife when he got home. Sort of know how that feels because it happens to me.

1 Corinthians 13
Love
1If I speak in the tongues[1] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[2] but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Events
Work have been running more smoothly. Though yesterday was almost covered by an avalanche of work. Our church will be organising a Worship Seminar with Peter Rowan and Dr Daniel Chua from the UK. The event will be next month 14th, 20th and 21st August. This will be the first event that I'll be organising so I'm pretty nervous. Thank God for mum and ppl at the office who have been contributing ideas on what and how I should go about doing it. Looks like I'll be pretty busy (and draggind EJ with me =) ) in the next week in publicising the event to other churches.
*Sigh* looks like I'll have to postpone a couple of stuff-reorganising the worship structure, completing the songbook and compiling my worship library until the event is over.


Dear God,
Am glad that you've placed me in full time. Please give me the wisdom and the perseverence to complete the tasks that you have for me. Please give me a bigger heart to love others and my family.
Your Child - Ruth

No comments: