Just came back from prayer meeting. It was really excellent. Everyone was really involved in prayer - it was slightly louder that usual - which I figure was a good thing.
Uncle John and Aunty Siew Wah shared about their struggles of moving to Australia. Aunty Jenny shared about the quarrel between her mum and her maid. She was really funny when she shared - I'll definitely remember her sharing for a long time.
We also prayed for the team that will be going for Kunming for two weeks. I MUST remember to pray for them.
Have been having a strong burden to pray for the Worship Team every week. Must set aside half an hour every Friday to pray for them.
Working in Church
Working in church have been rather unsettling at times. Find it difficult whenever I have to move from desk to desk. Probably because I'm quite a disorganised person and it helps me to have a permanent desk rather than moving around (and all my stuff moves with me. =P )
Been adding chords to lyrics and have been finding it difficult and rather tedious. EJ had this great idea before I left the office this evening to help with the lyrics and chords. Hope it works out. Will have to try it out tomorrow. If I go on the way I've been going, I'll go crazy really soon.
I must say that working in church has been really good so far. It's officially a week now - I enjoy it so much that I don't realise the time flying. Before I know it, it's usually 5.30 in the evening and I feel like staying on to get more stuff accomplished. The only thing that stops me is transport (Aunty Chan Boey really likes to go at 5.30 sharp) and my family(need to go home and chip in).
Other than not having a permanent desk, I find it a bit unsettling not to have set things to do. Find it weird that I have to set my own timetable everyday and to make a 'to do' list and ensure that I get through all the stuff on the list. But I guess that it's good for me - have to learn to be more organised and to manage my time more efficiently. =P
In spite of all that, I'm glad that I'm working at church. Am reminded from time to time that He is leading me and guiding me each day as I work there. It's just this great sense of being on the path that He's chosen for me.
The office environment is great. The 'three wise men' (Uncle Ean Chiew, Uncle Kah Kee and Uncle Chee Seng) are really funny and the rest of the staff have been rather supportive.
Everyday Aunty Chan Boey picks me up to church and sends me back. Her driving has been rather interesting and it's rather amusing being in her car. She makes all these funny comments about the drivers on the road. She also asks me questions in the car - how I feel about Cross Gen, What are my hobbies, tithing issues and non-existent boyfriends. =P Must say that the car rides are never EVER boring. heheh..
Okies.. That's it for now. Have been having rather late nights helping aunty Jessica with her art and craft stuff for the Kunming mission trip. We've done creating figurines out dough, baking them and painting them; making masks; making puppets and all the usual art and craft stuff. Brings back all the great memories where my mum used to do all that with us as kids. Mum's been having a great time too. =)
All that blogging probably made up for my lack of blogging lately.
Dear God,
Thank you for the lessons that you've been teaching me in the past week. Thank you too for the great times that I've been having. I praise you for all that you are. Teach me to worship you and to give you my best in all that I do. You know that I want to do heaps for You. Please make up for my lack - my messiness and my bad time management. Guard my heart and mind from evil. Teach me to live the way you want me to and to learn well the lessons you teach with a heart that you can mold to your will.
No comments:
Post a Comment