Every now and then I get sorta this wake up call - a heightened awareness of my calling and who I am in Christ - and it usually lingers for quite a while. Last night was one of those times. As I mentioned in my previous entry, I attended DA Carson's talk last night.
He gave a sobering message. (Will blog it tomorrow as I forgot to bring my notebook)
A few things that sticks in my head:
1. A Christian's life is a transformed life. The word of God is living and active. It changes life. If I confess to be a christian, my life should never be the same again. If our life remains unchange, then we are not Christians - because if Christ lives in us transformation should and would happen.
2. We MUST reevaluate what we are doing and treasuring now. Is it going to count in 2 billion years time? If not, we're investing our time and ourselves wrongly.
3. Am I willing to die for my Lord Jesus Christ- be it to self or physically? How much do I treasure my life? And though the choice is hard to make: "Yes Lord, I'm willing."
Why? - He is my Creator. I owe Him everything. Matthew 10:28 "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."
4. The undiluted/uncut wrath of God is absolutely horrific. Therefore I should love righteousnes and NOT despise it.
Dear God,
Thank You for Your Word again last night. I pray that You will transform me. May I never be the person I was. Change me - no matter how hard the process - and I know that it will be hard and painful. Help me as I decide each day to die to myself. It's not easy and the evil one will not be pleased. But I know that Your grace will be sufficient for me each time I fall. Thank You for dying for me. I am Blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment