Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Worship

Was assisting Uncle Lawrence in worship leading on Sunday. All I can say right now is - praise God for all He's done in the worship. Many people came and said that the worship was good. I'd like to think that many were ushered into His presence - not because of anything I've done.
I must admit that I came to the point where I told the Lord: "I'm just your weak child: Not feeling perfect or confident now. But I leave it all to You". I came to a point where it reallly didn't matter what others were thinking. To be honest, I wasn't even listening to the musicians to hear if they were making a mistake(ok- I admit- I usually do that). I just chose to worship Him - fully concious of my weaknesses and humbled by Him and His love for me.
As always, worship leading is always difficult for me. Am always concious of the responsibility to be holy. My family especially will be the first to say - "Ruth - holy??. Yeah righhhtt."
And somehow, something always happens beforehand. Really learnt the meaning of dying to self and seriously, it's quite a painful experience. Then again I did say that prayer last week in my blog, didn't I? =P

Dear God,
Thank You for Your spirit's work in my life. The refining fire is really painful and humbling in the past week. I pray that You will continue to refine me anyways so that I may be used greater for Your glory. Grant me wisdom in my relationships with my family and those closest to me - to rebuke in love where there is a need and to show heaps of grace too which I know I can be sorely lacking of.

No comments: