Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Post Tung Ling

A new day.. A new milestone today.
I woke up this morning - the same time that I've been waking up in the last three months- 6.30am.. I wanted to burrow a little deeper under my blanket and just not wake up and think - no Tung Ling today.. *sob*
But I remembered that my Best Friend Jesus was there beside me and it comforted me. I shared with Him what was in my heart and found solace.. It helped me to look forward to this day a little more. It helped me to look forward to what He has in store for me in the coming months and coming years a little more.
Going back to work at 9am in the morning and having staff devotions felt just a little weird-I guess that it's a matter of getting used to it again. One song stuck out - "what a friend we have in Jesus". For me, it was a little assurance from Jesus that He's there...

Yesterday
Finally renewed my passport yesterday. Surprisingly, it took only about an hour to queue and process everything. Praise God for that.
Went out to watch Madagascar with my friends from Tung Ling after that. It was followed by lunch at Chilli's and I really enjoyed myself. Fiona, Sally, Sue Min, Laura, Vivienne and her twin sisters, Andy, Ezra and his bro, Renz and Ewe Jin were all there. On the way to and back from mid valley - I had a great time of sharing in the car with Sue Min- we're pretty similar in our temperaments and it was great to have someone to share the 'lows' of post Tung Ling with someone who was going through the same thing. I seriously salute the others who seem to be taking it in stride.
But I realised that my Creator has made me this way. Even though it can be pretty much "a pain" at times, I'm continually learning to appreciate who He's made me to be - warts and all. Sue Ann, my prayer partner and precious peer-to-peer mentor said something along the lines that it's great that God has made me this way...

Sunday
Attended Rachel and Colt's wedding... It was quite a small one by Malaysian standards(about a hundred). Was privilleged to attend their small wedding ceremony.. It was very touching the whole way through.. Tears were just streaming from pretty much everyone's eyes throughout the whole ceremony - from the time Rachel walked down the aisle, followed by a time of beautiful worship singing (Ta Shing led in Enough, Blessed be Your name and Making a Difference), hearing about how they got together, the poem reading, the simple sermon by Colt's dad, the exchanging of vows by Rachel and Colt(they wrote their own and it was just so beautiful), Exchanging of rings, and prayer of release by their parents. It was ended by prayer for each other... The food was great.. loved the desert- had cendol and there was HUGE chocolate chip cookies and ice cream! (Ice cream always makes my day!)

Okies... That's it for now.. Have to get back to the pile of work that is beckoning at me.

Dear God,
Thank You so much for being a comfort and a great friend to me. Your being here when I so need blesses me more than words can say..

No comments: