Wednesday, May 18, 2005

He is working His ways in me...

Just realised that it's been AGES since I've last posted anything...
As usual, heaps have been happening. It's now the 10th week and the second last week of Tung Ling. I've started counting down and at times I feel a sense of melancholy that we're finishing soon. Will miss the great fellowship with my classmates..
It's definitely been one of the best growth period in my spiritual life. I feel that God has just spoken so clearly to me in so many areas of my life(I now have to really work at it!) and clarified a lot of things that was once a mystery to me. I sense that my relationship with Him have gone so much deeper than I've expected at this point of time in my life.

Some highlights of the past weeks are:
  • FINALLY COMPLETED my song of 9 months. Just finished it today. Pastor Wah Lok's just been pushing me to finish it... Though I wrote it with the church in mind, he really wants to see it being used for our Tung Ling Graduation!
  • Attended worship retreat at the beginning of this month... I really praise God that it was awesome - especially the high praise.. Jason and I were worship leading. We really want to give all glory to Him as He answered our prayers to refresh everyone at the worship retreat in His special way.
  • Will be sharing my first "sermon" at Cross Gen (youth group and young adults) this Friday.. Am really nervous... It's quite an interesting at the same time. I didn't even dream that I'll be teaching from the pulpit EVER in my life. And yet, several ppl have confirmed that I have that gift - so I thought to take up the challenge and see where God leads me in this new area of my life.
  • Poh Lyn and Paul's gone to Australia to work in the pass two weeks. Will miss the blessing of their friendship and presence.
  • God has just been speaking into my life in so many ways... A lot of prayers have been answered at this milestone in my walk with Him. From prayers to provide food cos I was hungry to prayers for changes in my ministry and for certain people... I'm so excited as I've seen all that He has done in these three months.
  • Have been reading about Watchman Nee. He was a great hero of faith in China. Though I've heard of him a couple of years ago in China, I've just picked up a biographical book on him a week ago.. What I've read about him and his lifestyle for Christ has just been really mind blowing and inspiring.
  • Two lecturers that have impacted me greatly since week 5 is Rev Tony Tan and Ps Guek Ju. They're both from Singapore and there's just something about them that challenges me and inspires me to love God's Word more. Rev Tony's sharing about church history had really opened up my eyes to the sacrifices so many men and women of God had to make so that we can get our Bible as it is today. Ps Guek Ju's love for bible study and passion for Him has just been so inspiring (I think that it's absolutely fantastic that she's involve in both missions and worship-as both ministries are very close to my heart)

Dear God,

Just want to praise You so much and thank You more than words could say. I'm beginning to really understand how you are truly the "lover of my soul".. I love You more than words can say.. Your grace, mercy and love continually overwhelms me. You are my strength when in times of weakness. Bless the Lord O My soul!

No comments: