Monday, April 10, 2006

Awesome weekend

Am back home in my second home - STM...
My Church History assignment and a pile of work is beckoning me...
My rather tired body is longing for a shower and bed...
My clothes and things are screaming to be sorted out....
At the same time, this weekend has been rather awesome in it's own way that I sooooo have to blog about it before the 'feeling' goes....

It's been a weekend where I've made new friends, met up with one that I haven't seen for a very long time along with my spiritual sister, had a close friend stay over at my house, and had dinner with another friend that I've met last week along with my family...

Saturday
Had a super busy day at church on Saturday at the office what with Good Friday and Easter coming up and worship leading this morning...
Had a wonderful time of fellowship and makan with my family, sk and Willow on Saturday evening... Mum really outdid herself - had coleslaw, lamb chops, roast chicken, potato salad!!
Willow was just so cute... :) It's funny, for me, we communicate to each other more than words (not surprising since she speaks Mandarin mostly and I almost cannot speak in Mandarin)... I cannot wait to see her again this weekend... Had an excellent talk with sk about ministry and friendship (our group's current favourite topic) until late...

Sunday
Then today, worship lead at church with Jason - am glad that I'm worship leading with him.. I've learnt a lot from him in the past year and I appreciate the teamwork that we have going.. It's quite funny as to how we're on the same wavelength when it comes to chosing songs sometimes..
Rushed home, packed and then went to CLGC where sk was suppose to speak.
It was good to be there to be a support and was just ministered to by God - he spoke on an issue that has been a struggle for me for quite a while now.. It felt rather weird having a person who is a friend as a preacher - a different perspective and somehow more relational..
It was also amazing as I think I stood on the same spot where God spoke to me at almost the very same spot when I was quite desolate a few years ago.. Coincidence? I think not..

Met sk's friends - Irene and Doulos.. It was good to meet them... Ended up going out for lunch with Su-lin and Sue Ann.. Talking to Su-lin brought back a lot of memories - good ones... We had a time of deep sharing and it was definitely a god-thing... One last thing I must add- went to Swenson's and I really loved the Ice Blended Ice Cream - almost can taste the bitter sweet taste of coffee and ice cream -yummy..

Thank You God for today... Can't express fully the joy I feel in my heart - but You know d.. Thank You for Your blessing of friendship - for Yours and the many that you've put in my life. Am humbled by You once again...

No comments: