Saturday, April 22, 2006

Reflection in the midst of tiredness

Am back in church.. Thought to just take some time out to just do a bit of reflection...
It's been a long week and I can't wait for Tuesday to come - when it's time to hand up the woman's ordination assignment... I think that all this lack of sleep is getting to me(sleeping between 4-6 hours is becoming somewhat of a norm..).. I find myself feeling slightly more sensitive and edgier this week - almost did something I regret yesterday and on hindsight, it's only by God's grace that I didn't.

Nevertheless, was reminded again and again how much I needed God this week and am thankful for the ways He has watched over me -through friends that struggle alongside with me this week through the assignment and the tests and through little stuff like by helping me to remember my Greek vocab(Am especially thankful of this as my brain blacked out on Thursday for my OTS test. I panicked for a bit- but I think I did ok in the end - but found out later that the cause of it was not just lack of sleep but something else that was totally unexpected *sigh*)...

Had a short interesting talk online with one of my favourite uncle who's not a Christian about my decision to study at bible school and what I'll be when I graduate.. Realised how hard it was to explain to him in a way that I don't sound like a nut to him and in a way that he'd understand... How does one explain that ambitions are not everything in a world that talks about goals and making YOUR own way in the world? How to explain that I've chosen to follow wherever God leads and that may mean not knowing where exactly I'm headed for now? This verse somehow spoke volumes...

1 Corinthians 1:18
"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."


Dear Father,
You know my every worry - and that I seem to be doing more so this week - sometimes over the silliest things.. Help me to release them and entrust them to You...Thank You for reminding me that it is You who have brought me here and that you'll see me through this time. I love being back here in my church but I need You to sustain me today... In spite of my weaknesses, grant me the strength to be obedient to You today and a heart that worships You...

No comments: