Am getting rather fed up with this assignment that I have to complete - I cannot count how many times that I've wished that the thing would just write on its own..
I've been downright cranky, super exhausted, very displeased and disappointed with myself for not being able to finish it on Tuesday, humiliated by the fact that I even had to ask for an extension, on top of that got admonishments from two friends for different reasons [I know that both did it because they love me] and cried myself to sleep several times in the past few days. Many times, I've just felt like hiding myself under my blankets and not coming out EVER..
Despite it all, 'little' things have continued to push me on - encouragements from oli and doulos especially, prayers from my prayer partners, victor making breakfast a rather an interesting event this morning, constant 'discussions' with God about my assignment and now this latest development...
I've resolved that I'm just not going to sleep until I finish my asssignment tonight and to accomodate this, I'm studying in the girl's pantry (so that my bed is FAR away and won't tempt me no matter how tired I get). Somehow, it's turned into a 'internet cafe' (as the guys who pass by this way to get water dubs it) as somehow, there are two other girls here with me tonight... Quite funny actually - we make quite a sight with our laptops on the table that we usually dine on (Ok - it's just me and my sense of humour) - and I have no idea how this has come about..
I'm usually here alone - and it's just such an encouragement to me to have them here with me as I resolve to finish this... Makes my goal feels a whole lot more achievable and I don't feel so alone... Makes me want to cry again - for totally different reasons (I think I just need to sleep all this off soon).
Thank you God for all the things that help me to keep on going on... Please see me through this night as I wrestle to complete this assignment.
1 comment:
If there's anyone who can do it...you can. You're the kind of person people can count on to get things done and that's who you are. I know you'll get thru this, and well. :)
You go babe!
Post a Comment