Friday, April 28, 2006

Be still and know that He is indeed God

Feel almost human again after almost 12 hours of sleep - not that i planned it.. Was reading on my bed (a bad habit of mine) and just fell asleep and just didn't get up till almost 8 this morning - upon which I jumped out of bed because I remembered that I was supposed to play the piano at chapel service at 8! I think Desmond(the worship leader) was getting somewhat worried... Nevertheless, it was a good time of worship singing and it was great to be in the same team as Lee Yng and Jacob - there is a connectedness between us as we worshipped together through our playing..

Have a test in less than an hour's time, church work to do, a stack of reflection to do, presentation preparation for next Wednesday, assignment due the following Monday and finals the following week, a letter to reply, people to catch up with(hehe - i feel exhausted again just listing it out)... Will be away over the weekend to help my mum along with Oli and Sue Ann with a children's programme and am praying that everything will turn out well - that the children will be blessed..

In the midst of all the stuff that needs to be done, am trying my hardest to make sure that I have time with God - I guess that Dr Voon's challenge to us in class still sticks out in my head - If God is so important, why do we fail to spend time with Him in times of assignments and busy-ness?? Am SLOWLY learning that, somehow, He gives me the time that I think I need when I spend that time with Him.. Take for example, last week, when time seems to be a big issue and just didn't seem to have enough time to study Greek, took time out with God instead and still managed to get full marks for Greek - am still amazed and praise just overflows whenever I think about it.. I know that it's not a big thing compared to prayers answered by God in the 'big things' but it was a 'big thing' for me at the time... I seriously expected to not do well for that test..

Am continually just learning to learn to be still - those who know me, know how hard it can be for me just to sit still and just BE still... It's just worst when there's so MUCH to do.. I guess that this is what He's teaching me... Hope I'm learning it well...

No comments: