Friday, April 07, 2006

Friends...

As I sit here, I feel very rich - friendship wise...
I have been truly blessed with a core group of friends who challenge me, grow and learn with me and most precious of all - love me... This love that they show me liberates me to be comfortable with who I am and teach me to love myself in turn.. As I see them love me, though I may not comprehend it sometimes and am still learning to grasp it, I learn that there are parts of me that are worth loving... These past few months have been one of great learning - it's been rather hard going sometimes... But as I tell ppl who ask me on how I'm doing, I am truly grateful to God for my group of friends who support me when the going gets tough...

I am also grateful for other friends too - the many that care for me with their words of well-meaning advice, others whom I pray together with, those that share their struggles with me, those that I go out for teh tarik with, breakfast friends that eat half boiled eggs and bread or wan tan mee, that I play basketball with, that I just sit down and drink coffee with; my friends at church - who bear with my absence and lack of time; my friends overseas that make effort to stay in touch or read my blog to keep up with me - and bear with my lack of letter writing, and sends me emails when they think something is wrong; my family - especially my mother who has been the greatest friend of my life; the countless others who may not fit in the other categories above but are my friends nevertheless and have enriched my life in unexpected yet beautiful ways..

Thank You Father for my friends... They are truly a gift from You...

Ps: for those that want to read what I've been learning about true friendship, might be good to read Sherman's blog. It's really good - well at least I think so..

No comments: