Have been in a rather melancholic mood today and yesterday - I think it's just a combination of the stress of having to finish a huge assignment by tomorrow, disappointment with people and worrying about the mission trip. Thought that I managed to hide it- but somehow one of my lecturers even pointed out that I've been frowning a lot today. My faith just seems so small at the moment. The few things that seem to be keeping me from sinking completely are the support of my girlfriends and humorous comments from a friend that seems to come at the most stressful of times - glimpses of the Father's hand upholding me.
In the midst of all this, I find myself listening to this song. The first verse especially just really voiced out my thoughts at this time. In dealing with disillusionment and disappointment, it spoke to me as I struggle not to react. To learn to choose to do the will of the Father and remember His grace towards me.
All I Want To Do - Ginny Owens
CHORUS
All I want to do, is give this life to You
All I want to do, is give this life to You
All I want to do, is give this life to You
And let Your will be done, until it's all I want to do
VERSE 1
How does doubt slip in, so silently?
And why does condemnation come so naturally?
Why do I still get the best of me?
Loving so little and living so selfishly?
CHORUS
VERSE 2
What have I been given by Your grace?
Will I come to understand this mystery I embrace?
Make of me a new creation now,
Fill me with all You are and be all I am some how.
Faith so fragile
Reaching for Your hand
CHORUS
In the midst of all this, I find myself listening to this song. The first verse especially just really voiced out my thoughts at this time. In dealing with disillusionment and disappointment, it spoke to me as I struggle not to react. To learn to choose to do the will of the Father and remember His grace towards me.
All I Want To Do - Ginny Owens
CHORUS
All I want to do, is give this life to You
All I want to do, is give this life to You
All I want to do, is give this life to You
And let Your will be done, until it's all I want to do
VERSE 1
How does doubt slip in, so silently?
And why does condemnation come so naturally?
Why do I still get the best of me?
Loving so little and living so selfishly?
CHORUS
VERSE 2
What have I been given by Your grace?
Will I come to understand this mystery I embrace?
Make of me a new creation now,
Fill me with all You are and be all I am some how.
Faith so fragile
Reaching for Your hand
CHORUS
2 comments:
sometimes...you can be so emo... o.O
hang in there lah. :)
haha...never mind...just look forward to the western dinner with friends on saturday..!!
Post a Comment