Had a good weekend especially since the week was one filled with struggling with the depravity of humanity. I suppose that I should be cynical and not be surprised - then again, I hoped for better (as I always tend to do) - perhaps then I would not be as disappointed. On the other hand, I do question myself if I would do the same thing if I was in the same position. Something that took much grappling with.
Back to the weekend. Attended a talk on Saturday. Found it more interesting than I thought it'd be. For me, it was rather eye opening to see what others are saying about the subject. As with all talks, it is not surprising to meet up with old friends. I was particularly gratified to meet up with a good friend whom I've lost contact with in the past year. Met up with another friend too who'll be going overseas soon. Look forward to catching up with him later on this week. Went to church after the talk and unexpectedly ended up playing the piano - the pianist had to go off somewhere. :p After which, EJ and I practiced a sketch for the following day. Went for a good dinner with EJ and LKY - especially enjoyed the ice cream dessert. :)
However, by the time I went home, my throat suddenly felt sore and I distinctly felt tired. Had an early rest and woke up in the middle of the night with a slight fever. Prayed really hard that I would not be too sick to play the piano as well as act. Thankfully, when I woke up, I felt much better. Worship went well and the sketch that EJ and I did at Canaan Baptist Church too. When I got home on Sunday afternoon, I blissfully collapsed on my bed.
Am now in one of my more lucid moments for today. Have been feeling rather unsociable and taciturn - not a big wonder considering one's head perpetually feels like exploding, one's body constantly alternates between feeling hot and cold, having a crappy sorethroat to the point that one's voice is now gone - despite sleeping all the time since Sunday afternoon. Perhaps if someone removed my throat and my head, I would feel much better. :p The only blessing is that I seem to have lost my appetite - I still feel my lunch resting in my stomach. My friends have been persuading me to go to the doc's - which I am stubbornly resisting. Perhaps tomorrow.
Sorta makes me wonder if I too try to fix all of life's problems like this. Rather than going to The Healer, I try to sort things out on my own - unless in desperation (like the middle of Sat night)... Hmmm....
3 comments:
oi, what lost contact!haha
eh, i also got sick, bad stomach ache and fever, i think it must be the food from the event
not talking about you when talking about lost contact laa. hehehe - don't be so perasan... can't be the food from the event. Didn't eat anything from there.
oh hahaha sorry la! was reading it so late didn't realize
hmmm...i have a few other friends who were sick on the same day displaying the same symptoms as well..must be in the air la
Post a Comment