Sabah El-Khair! (Good morning).. My mind is spinning with Arabic words. Have been conjugating verbs for the last hour. :p My teacher has been trying to prove a point -that whenever I forget the dots, it can be 'moseba' (disastrous). :p
Nevertheless, I am enjoying my classes immensely. Arabic is a complicated and beautiful language. In the last two days have been practicing some conversation. It has been frustrating cos I have to keep on looking up the words for now. My teacher assures me that practice makes perfect and the important thing is that I'm learning something. I agree with her.
It's thanksgiving today and I will be celebrating it tonight with a couple of my friends tonight. Am looking forward to it - more food.. Turkey and stuff.. But for me personally, I guess what's important is the fellowship. I had to miss a meeting earlier this week because I was down with a cold. I am looking forward to hanging out with my friends here. They are wonderful people and I'm really blessed to know them. There is much to be thankful for and I'm glad to be able to share this occasion with them.
2 comments:
They celebrate Thanksgiving there? Interesting ...
Yeah... I think it's because of my American friends here. But it's a good opportunity to invite our local friends over to join us. I told my Arabic teacher that it was my first time celebrating thanksgiving and she said thought it was a Christian thing. She was surprised to know that not all Christians celebrate it. Nevertheless, she was excited when one of her American friends invited her to attend a Thanksgiving dinner.
Post a Comment