I have a 10 min break between class so this has to be a quick one. Arabic classes are going well. Am studying really hard so that I will be able to converse soon. My teacher is hopeful - and has been piling lots of new things for me to learn each day. My friends here are amazed by the amount that she gives me- I am encouraged as it shows that she's really confident of me(more so than myself. She asked me to say a host of things in Arabic the other day and was confident that I could give the answers :p). She says by week 3 I should be able to converse – which is next week! Will be visiting a new friend this afternoon an hopefully she will not mind me practicing my Arabic with her.
In the meantime, the weather has suddenly turned much cooler in the last few days – announcing the coming of winter. It has been colder than Camerons especially during the evenings and I find myself having several layers.
Other than that, am learning new things everyday about the culture here. It has been a fascinating time. This week have been learning about weddings and their local customs – both in the city and in the villages, Christians and Muslims. I really look forward to learning more.
1 comment:
haha
mummy said she asked u 2 at least sms twice a week so she know's ure alive.
email us more or call ya...
good that u re enjoying urself..
sigh..
sis
Post a Comment