Sunday, November 04, 2007

First post from Cairo

It's great to be finally online!! Am at Cairo and am doing fine... Still getting used to certain things - will write more when I have time.. It's almost lunch time here and at my host's place using their wi-fi. The food here is good - I think my mum and another friend will be glad to know that I'm eating salads everyday.. :p

On the whole am enjoying myself getting to know people and the local culture here though some things are still rather a shock - more like it's just difficult for a single woman living in a male dominated culture. Other than that, I find things interesting..

Am a little homesick today - maybe cos it's my special day. I miss my friends and family and wish that I could go out for a meal or hang out with them. I miss familiar faces.. Other than that, I have lots of time to think and to play the piano(my housemate has a keyboard) - so am glad for that... Ok.. Lunch time soon.

No comments: