Monday, February 04, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year!


Chinese New Year is one of my most favourite festivals in the year - probably because of sense of family that comes with it. I love the gatherings around food (those who know me know that I am rather fond of food - and this is definitely a celebration with lots of food). I love just hanging out in the highlands with my family. I love catching up with my cousins. Of course, I also love the ang pau's (red packets - usually there's some money in it and is given by those who are married to those who are single).
However, I must confess that I'm not particularly fond of the pre-New Year preparations. It's been a long long day as I run around shopping and doing house cleaning (I haven't even bought my New Year clothes :( am seriously contemplating not getting any this year. :p However, I don't have anything in red. *sigh* Should've bought some red clothes when I had the chance. :p ). I am ready to collapse. Nevertheless, beneath the busy-ness. I am excited and looking forward to celebrating the New Year in two days time. I am looking forward to reunion dinner with my family this Wednesday nite - my sister will be back from Johor and I have not seen my father in the last couple of months. I am also hoping that my best cousin and her family will also be in the highlands to celebrate the New Year with us. We'll see...

Anyhows, Happy New Year to all of you who will be celebrating the occasion this Thursday. I hope that many of you will also survive with me the hectic New Year preparation period as you do your last minute shopping and home cleaning.. *grin*

2 comments:

Kar Yong said...

Happy new year to you!

rccnlj said...

Thanks kar yong.. And to you too!