
This morning, the service was one of the more memorable ones for me. I was worship leading (this time without my partner, Jason, cos he had to go to Penang to see Shin Ee participate in a dragon boat race). It has been rather tough going with the songlist in this past week - senior pastor had very specific requests and his instructions was rather conflicting at times (seriously - how many GOOD songs are written on the presence of God/God's glory that are contemporary??)... It was a bit of a headache and a challenge for me - you would not believe how many times I reviewed the list and prayed over it - I wanted to fit in a BM song or a hymn at the same time which can be quite a toughie if one wants a smooth flow. Anyways, I was really proud of my team - all who I call friends. They were really supportive and sporting and though I know I asked them to do a few things that were difficult, as a team, they really helped a lot with encouraging the congregation to worship this morning. People said that there were more energy in the worship today. Personally, it was just very rewarding to see people just really getting into the worship. It was awesome to see people slowly put aside their inhibitions and worship God.
On reflection, it's been quite a journey for me. I see how much I've grown as a worship leader (and how much more I can and need to grow). There was a period where I struggle with being worship leader - and I still do sometimes. There have been times when I've wondered at the purpose of my being a worship leader and how there must be better things to do with my time(such as doing missions or just helping the poor). Today, I was very strongly reminded of why I am in this ministry in the first place. There was just great joy and a sense of rightness for me as I saw people worshipping God as I learn to be a lead them by example by worshipping from my heart. Not only that, it's been such an encouragement to see members of my worship team grow as we journey together to lead the people in worship. Many times I struggle with encouraging members of my team to grow in their spiritual walk. I get disheartened and discouraged many times cos there seem to be so much distractions for them in their daily lives. So many things to pull them away from God. It feels like a losing battle. However, as I take time to talk to them this past week, I am encouraged to see glimpses of growth and maturity in some of their walk. It encourages me to press on and to keep on praying for them.
Dear Lord,
Thanks so much for all that you've done.
Be Thou my vision O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me save that Thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping Thy presence my light.
On reflection, it's been quite a journey for me. I see how much I've grown as a worship leader (and how much more I can and need to grow). There was a period where I struggle with being worship leader - and I still do sometimes. There have been times when I've wondered at the purpose of my being a worship leader and how there must be better things to do with my time(such as doing missions or just helping the poor). Today, I was very strongly reminded of why I am in this ministry in the first place. There was just great joy and a sense of rightness for me as I saw people worshipping God as I learn to be a lead them by example by worshipping from my heart. Not only that, it's been such an encouragement to see members of my worship team grow as we journey together to lead the people in worship. Many times I struggle with encouraging members of my team to grow in their spiritual walk. I get disheartened and discouraged many times cos there seem to be so much distractions for them in their daily lives. So many things to pull them away from God. It feels like a losing battle. However, as I take time to talk to them this past week, I am encouraged to see glimpses of growth and maturity in some of their walk. It encourages me to press on and to keep on praying for them.
Dear Lord,
Thanks so much for all that you've done.
Be Thou my vision O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me save that Thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping Thy presence my light.
2 comments:
i didnt go to just see Shin Ee...i went to compete as well... :)
thats why my trip was soooo tiring...heahaeheaheah
hahaha. now i know why you are in pain.... :) Anyways, we still missed you lots. :)
Post a Comment