Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I'll cling to the promise that You're not through with me yet

Had a conversation this morning that struck something in my memory...


I was reminded again of a time when darkness perpetually surrounded me
Though it was day, the sun never shone
My world was bleak and so very cold
My heart was wrapped with pain
Tears were never far from my eyes
My mouth would cry out in silent agony
My mind was plagued by thoughts that unceasingly tormented
I sought and sought but my soul could not find peace

All of life seems to be pointless
All that once made sense now seems to lose its meaning
All the things that once brought joy now brought unspeakable despondency
If not for a tiny ray of light - so weak that it was almost snuffed out
Perhaps I would not be here today...

On a day like this when I remember
A shadow of the past seems to touch me
A glimpse of the pain and darkness comes back
But I am reminded that He has indeed brought me out of that darkness
That though the road to recovery was painful
And I am now covered by scars
I am now where I am by His grace
And I am thankful, so very thankful...
Again I am amazed at His love towards me
I stand in awe and wonder...

As I reminisce, the song "If You Want Me To" resonates within me and gives me hope
It describes where I once was and where I now am
"I'll cling to the promise that You're not through with me yet"

*********************************
Authors' note: If you can identify with I've written above, I would like to encourage you to seek help. There's no way that you can get out of it alone. Do it while the light of hope is still there, no matter how tiny and weak it is.
If you know of people who are in such situation, do walk alongside them and get help for them. Never leave them alone or it may be too late.

No comments: