Friday, July 20, 2007

Prayer meet group


A few girls and I meet up once a week to pray together. Trust me when I say that we don't meet up because we are very spiritual people.

We meet up because each of us have much to learn - and that learning together helps make the road a little smoother.. We meet up because all of us know that we are people who are weak and broken - and that we not only need each other, but God in our lives... We meet up because realise how much support we need from others and how we cannot stand alone in our journeys- even right here in the seminary. We meet up out of love for one another and our desire to support one another...

This evening was one of the most memorable prayer meet that we've had. We sort of had a 'Job and his friends' moment (the bit before his friends started talking) as a friend shared her hurt. At that point of time, I really wished that I could bear the pain for her instead. We gathered around her and just shared the moment. After a while, the pain turned into joy as we could laugh over Rev Tan interrupting the prayer meet (It was rather late to be in the mini chapel I guess- 12pm.. He must've been wondering what Lucy was doing in her night clothes in the chapel as she went to unlock the door until he saw the rest of us... LOL.. )...

Later on, one of them told me another rather shocking news. I pray that it will not turn out to be anything serious. I realise again how much I've come to love my girl friends and treasure each one of them and how much I'd lay down my life for each one of them. Their continual honesty and friendship has allowed me to be truly myself with them. I am so blessed and am spurred on when I see how they want to be a blessing to others in the community of STM despite the pressures and the hardships that each of them face. Thank You God for the blessing of each of them.

3 comments:

Kar Yong said...

Oh dear, Rev Tan...

Anyway, it's really nice to know that there are very strong support groups in STM. Keep it up, girls.

Kar Yong said...

BTW, looks like you all are having more fun than praying.... :-)

rccnlj said...

Hahaha.. Of courselaa... Praying together also fun what.. :)