Monday, August 13, 2007

Completely

Just had a wonderful day of keeping the Sabbath today. Just feel like I am so totally rested after a long time of unrest - soul catching up with body. It felt a bit alien at first - being intentionally in not having plans for the day and to just rest, read the bible, pray and relax. My mind kept on going to all the things that I could be doing instead - doing some readings for assignments, doing church work and stuff. However, after a while just got used to it and it was just really really good- just to enjoy the moment and not allowing myself to feel guilty in resting as much as I need to. Even watched an inspirational show 'facing the giants' - about trusting the Lord, facing your fears and remember that with God nothing is impossible.

I really loved the song below from the show. Just really spoke to me as I learn to put aside time to rest in Him.



Completely
The secret of life is letting go
The secret of love is letting it show
In all that I do, in all that I say
Right here in this moment

The power of prayer is in the humble cry
The power of change is in giving my life
And laying it down - down at Your feet
Right here in this moment

CHORUS
Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to Your control
And let all that is within me lift up to You and say,
"I am Yours and Yours alone
Completely"

This journey of life is a search for truth
This journey of faith is following You
Every step of the way through the joy and the pain
Right here in this moment

CHORUS

No comments: