Friday, June 13, 2008

Computer stuff

This semester break, I have been replacing several parts of my laptop. Last week, I replaced my DVD writer. It was not working very well because for some reason, it couldn't read DVDs that has been burnt by my computer or other computers. I had to go through half an hour of testing with the Dell customer service - only to have him tell me what I already knew. His diagnosis was 'Yes - we need to replace your writer.' :p

Just today my whole keyboard and touchpad mouse was replaced. Replacing my mouse also meant that I could replace my hand rest which has been very worn out. So my computer looks partially new now. The best thing is, I didn't have to spend anything on all these changes as my computer is still on warranty! *happy dance* Despite the grief that last week's Dell Customer service operator gave me - am pretty happy with the overall service they provided. Very efficient. *grin

To top up all these changes, I finally bought a "No Touch NT3500 500GB External Hdd"!!!! Was going around during lunch time deciding between this, the 500GB hdd by Buffalo(more by RM35) and a SATA 500GB Hdd plus internally powered casing (another RM60 extra). Much to EJ's chagrin, I decided to buy this one instead of the internally powered one. *hehehhe. To me, I can use the money for another 6 cups of starbucks coffee... Anyways, I've been going around with a rather large grin on my face this afternoon since I bought it. *grin* I just love all the extra space for storing stuff - have maxed out on my 80GB on my laptop as well as on my 120GB portable Hdd.. Now I can also reformat computer too!! *happy dance*

No comments: