It's been crazy for me the last couple of days. Attended CUG on Friday evening(but was so tired that I ended up not contributing much -should've made time to nap after my theology class). From then onwards it was pretty much going from one thing to another. Ended up attending 3 worship ministry related meetings, attending Saturday worship practice(and realised that I have to muster enthusiasm from deep down to encourage the team), lead worship on Sunday, went for a 2 and 1/2 hour meeting with my pastor, attended a concert, went pretty around Negeri Sembilan for about 5 hours checking out for a nice place to go for Picnic day, learnt how to play squash, attended another fellowship meeting and just finished dorm duty. Accomplished all these in three days. Little wonder I'm ready to collapse soon. Classes for the week start again tomorrow. *groan
Some highlights:
- in one of my worship ministry meetings, one of the things that came up was about the lack of and need for role models within the church.
- in college group meeting, something my pastor said really struck me. One of the M-converts once told him, "the church of Malaysia is weak because the people within her are not ready to die." It struck me a lot as it seems to be a theme that keeps on coming up in the last couple of months for me personally..
- In another meeting with my pastor, he said something about people have this perspective that those who go into full time after being in the marketplace give up more than those who go in when they are young. I supposed that this could be a point of contention, but he said he disagreed because those who go in when they are young give up their security while those who give up when they are 'up there' have accumulated their wealth that would be able to probably last them till they die..
- The concert that I attended was good. I especially loved the choir item by the Sin Hua school. Their rendition of 'Gemilang' was just beautiful. They were very very good.
- During our scouting for picnic place, caught myself singing 'Give us clean hands' and Yoshua and Rowena did an impromptu harmony. Was one of those 'cool moments' for me..
No comments:
Post a Comment