Sunday, June 29, 2008

A new church - Peace Community Church

It's been a long day, though surprisingly, I am not as tired as I thought I'd be. I reckon I can still stay up for another couple of hours despite the many activities of the day. I suspect that the afternoon nap helped. I just got back to STM a couple of mins ago (yes - after curfew time. :p).

Other than the usual stuff at church and having lunch with a young friend(Tim) who will be leaving for UK for a couple of weeks, I was asked to play the keyboard for a new church opening service this evening. Since my friend stressed to me that they really couldn't find anyone else, I thought - why not? It's still early days of the semester and giving a couple of hours won't kill me at this time. Another fact is that since it's on Sunday evenings, I don't have any other engagements at this time.

The church that I went to help out was called Peace Community Church in Bukit Jalil. This church is a part of the Diocese of West Malaysia and is the daughter church of St Paul. The service went pretty smoothly and it was fun serving in the worship team with people I've never met before. It was definitely a good experience for me and I was glad to be able to contribute a little to the new church. They've asked me to go back to help them (for this coming weekend and in the future) but I can think of a few people who'll definitely kill me if I agree....


Anyways, if you happen to be in Bukit Jalil or know anyone who's living in the area, do encourage them to visit this church. You can also check out their website: http://www.peacecommunitychurch.blogspot.com/ . They gather on Sunday evenings at 7pm at Bukit Jalil Golf and Country Club.

No comments: