I'll be heading of to church camp in a couple of hours and I thought that I should take a couple of minutes to blog before being swamped with stuff for the rest of the weekend. Have not much expectations for myself at camp (am involved in all the sessions and have been asked to help minister if I get a break from playing the piano/leading the singing) but am hoping to spend a little more time with some CUG people and young adults. Hmmm... am also hoping not to overtire myself too. My mother wants me to do a couple of stuff with her when I get back on Sunday afternoon. *faint
On another note, have been working in the church since I got back from Phuket. Being back in the church office has been somewhat a good change for me personally. This past semester has been a tough one for me in some ways (not course wise- though I'm expecting my grades to be affected by it) and I appreciate the respite from being in seminary(yes Yoshua- if you're reading this, I'll be writing my promised reflection before I get back to seminary *grin). Though it's been different from being in STM, it has been no less busy.
Things have especially picked up since I had my meeting with my 'boss' last week - he gave me a looooonnnngggg list of things to work on for the rest of the year(I think there's a correlation with my meeting with him and lack of blog posts) and I am very conscious that I have till next weekend to complete as much as I can (looks like I'll have to find more time next week to finish all on my list). One thing that has been occupying much of my thoughts is my previous conversation with my senior pastor and thinking through what to say to him in my next conversation with him some time in the coming week - I ask for your prayers in this as it'll be part of determining my future plans.
My next sem looks to be quite crazy- on top of classes and usual church ministry (which my girl friends constantly tells me that it's already too much), I have to start working on thesis, doing a little bit more in my role as Exco, take time out to attend a conference in late Sept, possibly go overseas for at least a week if my sis gets a job there and decide to migrate, conduct a series of classes in church for 6 weeks on church history and go house hunting (my family really really wants to move by the end of the year - and so far our search has been fruitless). On top of all these, I also hope to spend a little more time with my friends who will be graduating at the end of the year. My pastor asked me the other day if I'm ready to go back to seminary for the next sem - combine all these with some stuff that I still need to work out from previous sem - I'd say absolutely not! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment